Thursday, June 28, 2018

Help wanted

June is coming to a close, and I have been active and engaged with migraine advocacy and awareness.  The work is fulfilling and it is personally uplifting to know that I can reach out and help others right from my own home.   The availability of online communities which offer support to one another and validate real life experiences is not to be underestimated.  Many of us lead quieter lives which keep us more at home some days or for extensive periods of time depending upon our level of disability.  It is a fine tight rope to walk and balance the inside, quieter world with the louder, outside one.  
 

At the present moment, I am eagerly awaiting the new drug I mentioned in my last post.   It should soon arrive and I am actually looking forward to giving myself another shot!  Lol!  The things we desperate chronic migraineurs do for relief.  Well, this is just eagerly grasping for any and all reasonable options.  This is called HOPE.   


As my purple-streaked hair fades, my work does not.   There is much more to be done.  I will continue to bring awareness and offer my story of hope and courage that it may benefit others.  Hopefully, they may discover strength and insight to move forward in their own journey.   

I think it is important to find our own unique calling and pray for strength and wisdom to carry out that calling.   It is crucial not to compare with others.  We are better off when we connect and not compare.   That is how we best help one another.   I trust that the Lord will always equip me for the work He is calling me to do.    I know He will.  

Without this particular trial, I would not be who I am in Christ today.   My daily walk with chronic M teaches me to trust and surrender ALL to Him.   Some days are really ugly and messy. Some days are pretty good and colorful.    Some days are in the mixed up middle.  And , that’s okay! It really is.  

Friends, thank you for all you do to lift me up and carry me when I can’t walk another step.   It is your love and support and strength that give me the power to move forward.   God bless all of you. 

In light of all the hurt and wrongdoing and misunderstanding and out of control egos today, let’s take the time to notice others who may need our intentional presence of love and listening.   May we provide a safe place for their heart and soul to land without judgement.  There is no place for arrogance or bullying.  There is only a place for compassion.  














1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    Good for you and your advocacy work!! It's amazing how God will take our trials and will soften our hearts with them so that we can reach out to others with compassion. That is certainly what you've done for me!! Praying that the new med will give you some relief. Echoing your thoughts on connecting vs. comparing. Joining with you in continuing to show up even when it's messy and complicated. Blessings sweet friend, Bev xoxo

    ReplyDelete