Friday, January 6, 2017

Living with intention

It is a week or so into the new year, and I am just now sitting down catching up on emails and blogging.  After a hectic and fun-filled holiday season, I am trying to catch my breath once again.  This past Christmas was special.  It was the first in seven years that I was able to be off the couch and actually participate in the family events and gatherings.  WOW!  I made it to a lively Irish music concert, two movies IN THE THEATER, view some movies at home, and cook, and clean, and host!!  Can I get an applause here?  I did, indeed, ENJOY the blessings.

Last year's "year of yes" surely ended with a resounding YES in many ways.  It seemed to be the perfect word for me.  A few years ago, I was challenged by a friend to choose a word for the year and pray and meditate on it.  It is a spiritual discipline that has proven creative and affirming.  I blogged several times about my year of YES and how that was shaping my journey.

Upon prayer and reflection, I am choosing "intention" as my word this year.  It is my intention to pay attention more in all areas of my life.   I desire to be more mindful and centered.  I do not wish to just be on cruise control or at a level of simply surviving my days.  Even in my dark and painful moments, I wish to be alert and respond purposefully, not carelessly react to life.

Each moment is a sacred gift from God.  It deserves my full and undivided attention no matter my circumstances. I long to linger soulfully, live braver, love deeper, and listen closer. 

I thought this quote from author John O' Donohue was appropriate to share. "At its heart, the journey of each life is a pilgrimage through unforeseen sacred places that enlarge and enrich the soul."

I invite you to think about choosing a word for the year that might help you discover greater enlightenment upon your path. It is my prayer and intention to be a humble
Kingdom-builder
Peace-maker
Hope-giver
Light-bearer    

 

2 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Love your word!! Like you said, I often get set on cruise control and I fail to be intentional and present in the moment. Living with intention takes practice. Cheering you on from the sidelines and joining with you in living more intentionally.
    Love and ((hugs)) in the new year,
    Bev xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's keep at it, my friend!!! Practice, practice, practice!
    Love and hugs back to you 😊💕

    ReplyDelete