Monday, April 1, 2019

Spring Awakening

April has arrived, and I come more alive with its presence.  The rhythm and flow of the seasons of the year mark the beautiful life cycle that happens over and over again.  God in his omnipotence creates all things into being and does so in very mysterious ways.  I am in awe of His handiwork and pray I never take any of it for granted, and I do my best to live in gratitude for all of His blessings.

After hibernating for the long Winter months, (I feel like a bear sometimes) I start looking for all the signs of Spring which nature emanates so delicately.  Depending upon where one lives, Spring awakening happens at different times and in different ways in order to be noticed.

Since I live in New England, I admit I get a "tad" bit impatient for warmer days with less harsh chills and winds.  One day I bundle up in my winter coat, hat, scarf, and gloves while other days I can don just a sweater perhaps.  It is the crazy, unsettled ups and downs that I try and prepare myself for each year.

The fun part is to closely examine nature right around my house and find sweet surprises of buds popping up from the dark earth where they have been growing silently for months.







            "For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone.  The flowers
             appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the
             turtledove is heard in our land."   
                                                               Song of Solomon 2:11-12



No matter our messy and often confusing circumstances, Spring brings refreshing perspectives filled with hope and courage to take the next steps in moving forward.  If flowers and trees can blossom beautifully in the mud and thick debris of Winter, then we can do so as well.

Let us participate actively in our own Spring awakening and see how our rebirth unfolds.  Our personal stories matter.   Always.  Maybe it is time to share some of our stories to offer hope and compassion to others. 

Happy Spring! 









2 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    Lovely post...here's to us "blossoming beautifully" amidst the debris of winter!!
    Blessings,
    Bev xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful expression of how the inner process is influenced by the seasons and changes of the natural world....when we tune in! I also appreciate the new growth that follows the period of dormancy, both in myself and environment. Let’s just hope we can peel back a few layers of clothing soon!

    ReplyDelete