Friday, April 19, 2019

Maundy Thursday

"If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.  For I have given you an example, that you should also do just as I have done to you."
                 John 13:14-15

I was humbled last evening at our Maundy Thursday service to have my foot washed.  The choir softly sang while twelve of us participated in the foot washing.  I found myself moved to tears.  It is a gentle reminder to go and serve others' needs as best I can.  As Jesus did, I wish to do also. 

 Today is Good Friday. 
 Today I follow Jesus in his Passion.
 Today I mourn at the tomb.
 Today I will enter into silence, prayer, and reflection with a heavy heart 
 knowing that Jesus brutally suffered and died for all my sins.
 Today I know that by His wounds, I am healed.
 Today I also know that by His unending mercy and grace, I am saved.

                                                 

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    Beautiful...how humbling to have your foot washed. May we go with the love, compassion, and mercy to serve others as Christ has sacrificed for us. Joining with you in the Passion of His last days.
    Blessings,
    Bev xo

    ReplyDelete