Wednesday, August 10, 2022

A Book, A Move, A Wedding, Oh My!

Three exciting and wonderful events are happening in the Aleo household over the course of weeks and months.  I am in disbelief in a way.  So many "big feels" that it is difficult to process.  

The release of my first book, Climbing My Matterhorn, is a memoir about living with chronic migraine. I collected content from my journals over the past decade. This project took me several years to write, and my main purpose for writing it is to give encouragement and hope for those who suffer not only from migraine disease but any kind of chronic illness while still finding finding joy and fulfillment in one's life.   

The other adventure is our move back to PA after  having lived on the beautiful shoreline of CT.  Saying goodbye to dear friends is emotional, but saying hello to familiar faces and comfort places is heart-warming.  This is our first time building a home, and we are a "tad" bit overwhelmed with the process.  It is exciting to visit the house daily and literally watch every board, nail, and wire, carefully put into place.  There definitely have been glitches along the way but that is to be expected.  Fortunately, we are grateful to be living with my mother who is close to five minutes away from our new community.  This gives us the ability to check on the home easily.

The sale of our lovely CT home went smoothly, and a new young family has chosen to reside there. We are pleased that the process was not complicated which many sellers have to deal with. They will now put their mark on it and make it their own.

Our third anticipated event is our youngest son's wedding in early September, and we could not be more pleased with his beautiful fiancee' and her very lovely family.  We had the pleasure of flying to Illinois recently to spend time with the happy couple and meet her family.  What a blessing! We had a fun time, and were able to share in their lives for a few days. Their wedding date will be our 34th wedding anniversary as well as Patrick's 27th birthday.  Triple celebration for us!

This is by far one of the busiest season of our lives.  Thanking God for His good gifts and blessings! 




link for book on Amazon









If you would like to order my book for yourself or for someone you know who might need hope and encouragement for their particular chronic illness journey, you can find it on Amazon.  

I would like to offer a special thank you for all my wonderful people who have climbed this mountain with me and who never let me fall for one minute.  The climb has been grueling at times, but I am stronger for it.







 











No comments:

Post a Comment